Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 3: Dearest Public Diary,

Being a woman has been underestimated for so many years. And to be honest, I believe I know why. We're seen as weak, desperate, and needy by the male society. Why? It's because most of us depict such an image. How? Two words: NO INDEPENDENCE.

I'm not talking about the the political type of independence. I'm talking about how we women (although I'm still a teenager) stand up as individuals in terms of relationships. Most humans, including our own gender, believe that we show how much we "need" guys, and frankly, some of us do in an extremely desperate manner! I am appalled, ladies, by how the world is turning. To show you how wrong everything's been going, I'll give you a few examples that shocked me to my core on how women have been behaving nowadays (by the way, when I say women, I'm actually referring to all females regardless of age):

  • A certain girl in Facebook had a relationship with a foreigner. They barely met each other and only communicate via Facebook. How did they have a short-lived relationship (they aren't togethter anymore)? Well, this is how the chat wnet:

Girl: Hey, can you be my bf?

Boy: Ummm...

Girl: Why? Don't you want?

Boy: I'm confused.

Girl: Pleeeaaaaase.

  • Most of you might hate me for this, but a certain country singer writes and sings solely (well, not entirely, but evidently mostly) about break-ups and the need for boys.
  • Some of my people are married to Americans and believe that it's a great achievement to have done so, and some of them tend to be passive just to sustain their relationship with their American husbands.
  • A television show episode that showed two friends fighting over a guy. The other friend needed helping bra in order to get the guy's attention. Yeah, DESPERATE.

Really? Seriously? Why? And this blog doesn't only go for the women. I'm also reaching out to the guys who mortify themselves by being with girls who aren't "worth it". Anyways, my main message here is, please people, have some sense of dignity. The reason why we're called individuals is that we can stand up on our own. The only problem is that sometimes, we choose the fragile road. As a concerned teenager, who'd want nothing but the best for all of you, DON'T take that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment