Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 4 - more or less: Dearest Public Diary,

Long time no post!


Hey, don't put the blame on me! It has been one heck, or dare I say inferno, of a week, or month! Goodness! I'm glad this school year is finally over. But frankly, I unintentionally butchered my academic performance that year. Reflecting on it now, my mind undoubtedly regrets what it has become - what it had done - and what it prioritized during the entire course. Apparently, better results would have been presented; however, my persistence and determination ceased.

All we did today was swim. Got darker again...so...ugh, I'm blank. Let me just go straight to what has been bothering my brain lately: 5 letters: DREAM. Everyone has one...or at least those who plan to make something out of their lives. I had an epiphany. It came about when I was reading Paulo Coelho's The Devil and Miss Prym:

A mentor was training one of his students to aim accurately. A shot gun - or another similar object, a tin can, and a blindfold were the present elements. The mentor blindfolded himself and shot away, obviously missing the tin can by a mile. When the mentor asked if he shot the can, the student concluded that he cannot learn anything with the guy as his mentor. But the mentor begged to differ. He said that the bullet can never shoot the can if the aimer is blindfolded.

So long story short, when you are out to get your dream, you cannot allow any blindfold blind you. You have to get focused. You have to concentrate. You have to get into that vision that drives you to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment